POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jun 2009 10:52:45
Message: <4a48d53d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Isn't technology wonderful?
>
> Can my day get any worse??
>
> I said CAN MY DAY GET ANY WORSE?!? DO YOU HEAR ME MURPHY!?

He heard me.

I was just asked to set up a web presentation. Do you think I could get
the God-damned thing to work?!

First I turned on the laptop, and it spent 20 minutes updating itself.
So rather than having half an hour to get it going, I had 10 minutes. By
this point all the attendees have turned up and their waiting to know
when it'll be working - so no pressure or anything. Not that I've ever
used Live Meeting before. But will it connect the desktop? No, no, and,
er, NO.

So we decide to give up (they don't want to keep the other sites
waiting), and everybody goes home. 3 minutes later, Live Meeting works
perfectly. WTF?

WHY DOES MY LIFE HATE ME?! >_<