POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jun 2009 09:50:02
Message: <4a48c68a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Well anyway, I just had a conversation with somebody who doesn't speak
>> English very well, and doesn't know how to operate a computer. As if
>> that wasn't bad enough, the phone line kept repeatedly cutting out.
>> Perfect. :-S
>
> Even better is when their OS isn't in English, then the fun really
> starts over the phone :-)

The fun is, she couldn't log in because the laptop had a UK keyboard. So
we sent her a French keyboard. Ah, but the laptop still thinks it has a
UK keyboard, so now the keys pressed don't even correspond to what the
keyboard types!

Of course, she changed the regional settings - but only for her account.
That means the Windows login prompt still has the wrong keymap.

Isn't technology wonderful?

Can my day get any worse??

I said CAN MY DAY GET ANY WORSE?!? DO YOU HEAR ME MURPHY!?