POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jun 2009 09:38:37
Message: <4a48c3dd@news.povray.org>
>> I stupidly assumed that since we have PDF editing software, it would
>> be easy to, you know, edit the PDF file.
>
> Yeh you'd think so, but for some reason they seem to want to make it
> really hard/impossible to actually modify any detail on a PDF page.

Pretty dumb really. Especially when PDF has so many enhancements over PS
that should make this kind of thing really easy.

> always wondered myself if there was any software capable of doing this...

In principle it shouldn't be too hard.

In fact, in principle you can ask Ghostscript to convert the PDF into
PostScript and edit the thing by hand. In practice, this turns out to
be...rather hard.

(Not many people know this, but you *can* in fact write PDF files using
only Notepad. You'd have to be insane to try it though...)