POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jun 2009 09:19:07
Message: <4a48bf4b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Mmm, A4 at 600dpi. That's going to be a few megapixels...
>
> I make it 35MP, about 3x what consumer digital cameras are up to now,
> shouldn't be a problem to edit a file this size.

On my old wreck of a PC? It's not going to be much fun...

>> Right. Because BackupExec *totally* has options for customising the
>> header and footer on the job logs it prints out. ;-)
>
> You mean it only gives you job logs in PDF format?  That's a bit pants.

Actually they're XML files with a custom schema. My guess is that it's
using the Internet Explorer rendering engine to print them. Suffice it
to say, this is a backup program. It has a button marked "print", and
that's basically it. You have no control over formatting. I did,
however, manage get it into PDF format.

(Print to a PostScript printer, send to file instead of the printer, use
Ghostscript to convert PS to PDF. Yay, I have a working PDF file now.)

I stupidly assumed that since we have PDF editing software, it would be
easy to, you know, edit the PDF file.