POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jun 2009 20:20:34
Message: <4a4808d2@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:46:11 -0400, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Now as to whether MJ was a genius or not, well, personally, I don't
> think so.  His music always struck me as rubbish pop.  But that's just
> my tastes against his style.

I should add that while I think his music was generally rubbish, he had
significant abilities in the areas of showmanship and dance.  I had
forgotten about a lot of that until I was at the gym this afternoon and
watched videos (on MTV, natch) without the sound.  There's no doubt he
was talented in those areas.

Jim