POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question about Transformers : Re: A question about Transformers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about Transformers
From: Chambers
Date: 28 Jun 2009 17:48:36
Message: <4a47e534@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> vehicles on Earth. But in the movies it has never been shown that they
> could alter their own bodies so that they could transform into something
> new.

In the first Michael Bay movie they showed precisely this.  The robots
started out in a generic "proto-form" when they first arrived to Earth,
and were able to alter themselves to transform into any appropriately
sized vehicle.

Bumblebee was also shown choosing a new form (originally  '76 Camaro, I
believe, and later a Chevy concept car which became the '08 Camaro).
Frenzy, the little guy with the gremlin voice, took on a variety of
forms (boombox, cell phone, and I think one or two others).

I think in the cartoon, the robots were all damaged, and repaired with
parts from vehicles they could scrounge up.

--
Chambers