POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 28 Jun 2009 16:49:51
Message: <4a47d76f$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/28/09 13:38, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> 	It isn't, however, illegal. And I suspect it's not even
> "universally"
>> inappropriate (in terms of all of humanity).
>
> Um, some of the things he was accused of are in fact illegal.  That's why
> he went to court.

	I know - I was, however, referring to what we *know* rather than what
he's been accused of.

> Well, you're entitled to do that.  I would deem those parents
> irresponsible at least to just think that it's OK to let their kids sleep
> over with him because he's a star.  It's naive to think that the stage

	Well, I think anyone who thinks it's OK to let their kids sleep over
anyone's house merely due to stardom is irresponsible to an extent (not
enough for the law, though).

	But was that the case? The parents had not spent time with MJ?

> Those who were willing to let their kids stay with him when they didn't
> know about him as a *person* might just as well have left their kids with
> some other stranger.  Just because someone is famous doesn't mean that

	Do you know that the parents didn't know him personally?

--
For a while, she had a boyfriend with a wooden leg. Then she broke it off.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl