POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 28 Jun 2009 16:40:56
Message: <4a47d558$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/28/09 13:11, Darren New wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>> And let us all learn from it: Don't be a s**t to your kids (MJ's dad
>> reportedly was), and don't surround yourself with sycophants (which MJ
>> clearly did).
>
> Funny enough, all his actual close friends all thought he was a great,
> kind, funny guy. It's only those who wanted something from him that
> called him out.

	I think his point was that MJ surrounded himself with people who liked
him, and he'd get quite upset at those who'd criticize (legitimately)
his ways and habits, and probably wouldn't maintain ties with those people.

	In other words, he didn't have an effective feedback mechanism from
which he could gauge how he was doing.

	(I'm not, BTW, talking about kids - more about his inability to take
control of finances, medications, and some personality aspects).

--
For a while, she had a boyfriend with a wooden leg. Then she broke it off.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl