POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jun 2009 15:47:17
Message: <4a47c8c5$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:42:29 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>> Well, it also says don't disconnect the lens from the powered-off
>> camera while in VR mode, lest the glass of the lens rattle about.
>
> Because the VR element is not locked in place while the VR motor is
> running. Poor wording on their part I think.

I think it's fine wording. My point is that I'm surprised the camera is as
sophisticated as it is, yet not smart enough to lock the VR element when you
turn off the camera. They have room to put special effects and slide show
playback (along with music) in the firmware, but not enough to say "lock the
element when he turns off the power". :-)

>> Yet some of the stuff is surprisingly manual and mechanical, still. :-)
> I would say that is a good thing.

Ehn. It doesn't really seem to do anything different from my Sony F707,
until you start doing things with remote flashes, double-exposures, and etc.

> Well, lead in this case. Do you actually get health warnings that do not
> specify the hazard?

Pretty much every building here says "this building has things in it that
are bad for you."

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western