POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wolfram Alpha : Re: Wolfram Alpha Server Time
9 Oct 2024 03:55:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wolfram Alpha
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jun 2009 15:28:05
Message: <4a47c445$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Of course I knew that - they pureed the town to make the sauce. ;-)
>> The truth is far, far weirder than that...
>
> Oh, I don't doubt that. ;-)

In fact, according to Wikipedia (which is never wrong), a pair of
chemists were contracted to attempt to duplicate an Indian curry powder
recipe. Then somebody came up with the idea that maybe you could put
this stuff into solution to make a sauce. So they mixed up a few barrels
of the stuff and... discovered it was so awful that you couldn't
possibly eat it. The barrels lay locked in a cellar, forgotten, for some
years. When next somebody tasted the contents, they discovered that it
had fermented and become really quite pleasent.

And THAT is why a lad's head is full of rubbish. Er, no, wait - and THAT
is how Woctershire Sauce was invented.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/