POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jun 2009 14:42:29
Message: <4a47b995$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> Actually, I think the text in the manual is supposed to mean that you
> should not power down the camera while the VR motor is actually running
> (which is good advice), but the wording is admittedly vague.

Well, it also says don't disconnect the lens from the powered-off camera
while in VR mode, lest the glass of the lens rattle about.

In any case, it doesn't matter why. The thing has like 30 buttons on the
outside, most of them multi-function, and a menu system so complex that you
can rearrange it to suit your own preferences. Yet some of the stuff is
surprisingly manual and mechanical, still. :-)

> Apparently, the manual also tells you to wash your hands after handling
> the cord, lest your future Californian children become defective.

Yeah, welcome to CA, where every product and building comes with that
warning, but nobody can tell you where or what the bad stuff actually is.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western