POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jun 2009 13:41:30
Message: <4a47ab4a@news.povray.org>
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:22:14 -0600, somebody wrote:

> > Interesting idea indeed. Would you also obfuscate the race and even sex?

> I think it might depend on the case - for example, a murder or assault
> that has a "hate crime enhancement" would be difficult to prosecute if
> you didn't know the victim's race or the racial idiosyncrasies of the
> defendant.

  IMO in cases where the concept of "hate crime" is involved, it would
be specially important to conceal the ethnicities of the involved parties.
People have demonstrably bias on who can commit hate crimes against who.

  Of course in practice this would be impossible to conceal. For example
statements made by the accused would need to be presented to the jury,
which would in most cases immediately reveal the ethnicities involved.

--
                                                          - Warp