POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jun 2009 12:58:47
Message: <4a47a147@news.povray.org>
> But I also hold the opinion (based on what was
> reported, so arguably not a very solid foundation) that he had problems
> as regards kids and that the jury let the "star factor" get in the way of
> an objective verdict in his case, just like happened with OJ's trial.

  One interesting aspect is that even if he *did* like kids in the wrong
way, that's actually not illegal. You can't punish people for how they
think (not yet, at least; we are still not that Orwellian), only for what
they *do*. Even if you could prove that someone has such a problem (which
in itself can be rather difficult), there's no law against it. There can't
be law against it because mental problems cannot be illegal. So the only
thing you can punish someone for is if he actually *does* something.

--
                                                          - Warp