POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of quotation mark misuse : Re: Speaking of quotation mark misuse Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of quotation mark misuse
From: Warp
Date: 27 Jun 2009 09:52:07
Message: <4a462406@news.povray.org>
Seems that writing punctuation marks wrongly is not exclusive to the US:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28938136/

  I think it's rather sad when a city official has the opinion that you
need an "A-level high school diploma" in order to find a location by street
address if the name of the street happens to have an apostrophe.

  Since when have apostrophes confused people? I understand some people
abusing them and writing them incorrectly. However, since when is *reading*
text with (correctly-written) apostrophes confused anybody?

  I'd say *not* writing apostrophes where they should be is more confusing.

--
                                                          - Warp