POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video games : Re: Video games Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video games
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Jun 2009 13:13:57
Message: <4a4501d5@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> To anyone who has written a game...
>
> Question: Did you enjoy playing it yourself?

I never did, but I guess being Sid Meier, Kojima, Miyamoto or Peter
Molyneaux would suck too much wasn't it for the vast amounts of money
they get.  I mean, not being able to enjoy such masterpieces because you
are too spoiled already??!

> Premise: Infinite spawning of enemies on a level leads to less
> replayability in a complex shooter game with lots of ways to win. This
> is because the player cannot set arbitrary goals such as "clear the
> level using nothing but the wrench/crowbar/whatever".   How fun would
> Thief be if the loot spawned randomly when you weren't in the room?

How about people who just enjoy mindless shooting carnage for the sake
of it rather than specific goals? :P

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9