POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video games : Re: Video games Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video games
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jun 2009 12:17:22
Message: <4a44f492@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> While these feel less like "cheating" from the part of the game designers,
> it still doesn't mean it's not a cheap trick.

Hmmm. Well, I liked that you could not meet all of the goals in the hard
level of thief by playing on the easy level. There was loot you had to
collect on the hard levels that just weren't *there* in the easy level. The
door to the hall that led to the part of the castle with loot #3 was a blank
wall on difficulty #1 or #2. You literally couldn't play the easy mode and
see the whole level.

That doesn't seem like too much of a "cheap trick" to me. But then the AI
wasn't really what you'd call stunning.

Plus, of course, there were things like not needing to get back out again
once you got the loot, on the easy levels. And you had less health, and the
bad guys had better hearing, and so on, on the hard levels, as expected.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western