POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Knuth says so : Re: Knuth says so Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knuth says so
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jun 2009 11:55:35
Message: <4a44ef77$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> For example, all of the Windows APIs are patented,

I don't believe that's true. Do you have a patent number for "Windows APIs"?

Some things are patented, like the method for storing long file names on an
8.3 FAT disk in a way that doesn't mess up normal 8.3 file system drivers, yes.

> Ah yes, Coca Cola. Seventy billion gallons of the stuff is made every
> year, and yet, according to urban legend, only two people in the world
> know how it's made. Yeah, right. ;-)

I'm surprised how rarely things like Windows source code gets leaked, myself.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western