POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wolfram Alpha : Re: Wolfram Alpha Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wolfram Alpha
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Jun 2009 04:04:02
Message: <4a4480f2@news.povray.org>
>> But can you actually do anything remotely "useful" with it?
>
> Add up calories for a recipe.  :-)

Yes... Easier than it sounds.

- If you ask about "cheese", it defaults to wind weird variety that
nobody has ever heard of. Gotta specify "cheddar" specifically.

- If you ask about "cheddar, toast", it tells you the distance fro
Cheddar, UK to Toast, USA. (WHY do you have a place named Toast?!)

- It seems Alpha doesn't know what "toast" is. But it knows about
"bread", and one of the kinds of bread you can select is "wheat,
toasted". Go figure.

So there we are. Apparently the default serving sizes of cheddar + toast
gives me 33% of my RDA for saturated fat. I wonder what the hell that
default serving size actually equates to, if anything...