POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Truly epic failure : Re: Truly epic failure Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truly epic failure
From: Tom Austin
Date: 24 Jun 2009 09:44:31
Message: <4a422dbf@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> Guess what? An nx7300 doesn't *have* a disk drive! :-D
>>>
>>> FAIL.
>>

>> I recently ran into that one and ran across
>> http://www.nliteos.com/
>>
>> You can pre-install the driver into windows - then no floppy needed.
>
> It seems they're just talking about building a customised Windows boot
> disk that already contains the necessary driver files. (The driver
> README tells you how to do this manually; copy some files, edit the
> UNATTEND.TXT file, etc.) This still means I have to faf around with
> burning a special CD just for this one laptop. (Assuming I can find a CD
> burner somewhere...)

Yes, you have to burn a special CD.
If you so choose you cal also preinstall SP3, IE, and a whole lot of
other things.

It is a pain, but after all, you are working with 'legacy' software that
MS can't bother to update when you install XP.

I suggested nlite because it can actually be simple - given that you can
find a burner.

Tom