POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Truly epic failure : Re: Truly epic failure Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truly epic failure
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jun 2009 09:36:55
Message: <4a422bf7$1@news.povray.org>
>> Guess what? An nx7300 doesn't *have* a disk drive! :-D
>>
>> FAIL.
>

> I recently ran into that one and ran across
> http://www.nliteos.com/
>
> You can pre-install the driver into windows - then no floppy needed.

It seems they're just talking about building a customised Windows boot
disk that already contains the necessary driver files. (The driver
README tells you how to do this manually; copy some files, edit the
UNATTEND.TXT file, etc.) This still means I have to faf around with
burning a special CD just for this one laptop. (Assuming I can find a CD
burner somewhere...)