POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wolfram Alpha : Re: Wolfram Alpha Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wolfram Alpha
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jun 2009 09:52:23
Message: <4a40de17$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> But can you actually do anything remotely "useful" with it?
>
> "weather in X and Y", where X and Y are cities is pretty cool, might be
> useful if you are considering moving or planning a holiday somewhere.

Yeah, that's true.

It does currency conversions too. (Google does this also, but Alpha
gives you a history graph and some other data - useful or not, you decide.)

Also does unit conversions. (Which Google has done for ages.)

Actually, I'll tell you what it does do: Enter a DNS name or an IP
address, and it tells you useful stuff about it. (Other websites try to
charge you money for this priviledge...)