POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Building a new PC : Re: Building a new PC Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a new PC
From: scott
Date: 23 Jun 2009 05:48:26
Message: <4a40a4ea$1@news.povray.org>
> AFAIK that depends on the CPU and where the heat sensor is actually
> located.

I thought all modern CPUs had the sensor actually on the CPU die, presumably
in an intelligent place to best detect when the CPU was getting too hot.
Maybe I'm wrong on that though, I know in the old days the sensor was on the
motherboard, so you'd get huge variations from PC to PC, even with the same
case and CPU.