POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random interesting musical stuff : Random interesting musical stuff Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Random interesting musical stuff
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jun 2009 21:26:15
Message: <4a402f37$1@news.povray.org>
While playing around with a new feature in Rockbox (a feature I helped
somewhat in the development - called "time stretching" - ie, playing a
track back at a speed that was different than the original speed without
adjusting pitch - and in the final implementation, being able to adjust
the pitch without adjusting the speed of playback), I happened across the
following article:

http://home.earthlink.net/~douglaspage/id86.html

I was looking for some sort of a guide to adjust the playback of some
Bach violin solos (Partida #4) to get a sound that was closer to what the
instrument would've been tuned to in Bach's day.

The last section of the paper was the relevant information - and some
history that none of my music history classes really touched upon other
than to say "tuning was traditionally flat compared to modern tuning".

Jim