POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid drivers : Re: Stupid drivers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid drivers
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jun 2009 20:12:54
Message: <4a401e06$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:40:51 -0400, Chambers wrote:

> In all honesty, it hurt, but I'm glad that nothing worse happened.

Same here.  Drivers on the roads act stupidly a lot - it sounds like
you're a sensible rider, too.  There are lots of cyclists here in Salt
Lake City that seem to think they don't have to obey the rules of the
road - I've seen them blow stop signs/lights, ride on the wrong side of
the road (or the sidewalks, which is against the law here I understand).

But I also understand that here the driver/owner of the vehicle is always
considered at fault.  ISTR there was a recent story in the local paper
about someone on a bike who ran into a *parked* car and the owner of the
car was found to be at fault, even though the car was properly parked.

Jim