POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Legalese can sometimes be rather funny : Re: Legalese can sometimes be rather funny Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Legalese can sometimes be rather funny
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Jun 2009 11:35:54
Message: <4a3fa4da@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Absolutely, but it's quite funny that the law requires Apple put such
> verbiage in the EULA when it's pretty well known that those organisations
> who would use the technology for nefarious purposes won't be deterred by
> a bunch of legalese.

I don't think it's that. I think it's there to keep Apple from having to
prove the device is suitable for that purpose. I.e., "No, the military
shouldn't be using the GPS on this to decide where to bomb", and etc.

Kind of the difference between getting FCC approval for your radio vs
slapping a sticker on it that says "Caution: may generate interference." If
it's going to be used in a hospital, you really need the approval.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western