POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Legalese can sometimes be rather funny : Re: Legalese can sometimes be rather funny Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Legalese can sometimes be rather funny
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jun 2009 11:17:53
Message: <4a3fa0a1$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:34:15 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> On 06/21/09 22:32, John VanSickle wrote:
>> That, and the rather safe conclusion that people who are willing to
>> break laws about WMD are not likely to give a rat's about their iTunes
>> EULA.
>
> 	Well, more seriously, it may be about covering Apple's rear end
rather
> than preventing the user from doing something.

Absolutely, but it's quite funny that the law requires Apple put such
verbiage in the EULA when it's pretty well known that those organisations
who would use the technology for nefarious purposes won't be deterred by
a bunch of legalese.

I'm sure Bin Laden wouldn't read over the EULA and go "curses, foiled
again!" upon seeing that iTunes can't be used for creating death and
destruction.

Jim