POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Pirate Party takes a seat in the EU : Re: The Pirate Party takes a seat in the EU Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Pirate Party takes a seat in the EU
From: scott
Date: 22 Jun 2009 05:34:11
Message: <4a3f5013$1@news.povray.org>
>  Basically their attitude is that anyone should have the God-given right
> to copy and use any software they want, freely and legally, and that
> software companies must not have the right to impose any limitations on
> what people can copy and use. If a programmer cannot earn his living
> because of this, then he should seek a job in a different form of
> business.

I wonder if they expect all the other non-programmers in the software
company (managers, designers, finance, admin, marketing etc) to also work
for free?  And do they expect all the sub-contractors working for the
software company to also do their work for free, just because they are
working for a software company?  I think not.