POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HMGCC : Re: HMGCC Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HMGCC
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Jun 2009 23:52:49
Message: <4a3dae91$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:38:47 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I'm going to start charging people 20p every time they say that to me.
>>> Damnit, I could make a FORTUNE! Hell, I wouldn't even *need* a new
>>> job!!
>>
>> Hehehehehehehe
>
> New plan: I'm going to charge 0.1p every time somebody laughs at me. :-P
> That should make me rich beyond my wildest dreams...

No charge for those laughing with you, then? ;-)

>>> Hmm, it has a flavour.
>>>
>>> But how exactly do you explain what their "role" in the team was, and
>>> what my role was?
>>
>> Don't - describe the team's role instead, and how you contributed to
>> the goal of the team.  They're not interviewing the other members of
>> the team, so don't include information that wasn't requested.
>
> Quoting the application form:
>
> "1. Please describe a time when you have worked with others in order to
> solve a complex problem or fault
> - What was the problem or fault?
> - How did you work collaboratively with others to solve the problem or
> fault?
> - What was your role in the team? What contribution did others bring to
> the team?
> - What was the outcome?"
>
> It specifically asks what I did, and what everybody else did.

That seems odd.

Describe the team's role, how you contributed to the goal of the team,
and what work others did.  Don't put the negative stuff in, just the
positive stuff.  "John was a dork and did nothing to help us get to our
goals, and in fact put things in the way to make the job harder" won't
win any points.  "John meticulously ensured that every detail was looked
after, no matter how minute" is the sort of thing that would win points.

Jim