POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nice data structure : Re: Nice data structure Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nice data structure
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jun 2009 18:40:25
Message: <4a3d6559$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I suppose that if you limit the size of the data container to 2^24 nodes,

No, you could use "offsets to next element" or something, too, methinks. But
yeah, that's kind of the thing I was thinking about. By the time you have
more than 2^16 nodes, you're probably worrying more about speed, paging, etc
than you are about raw size, perhaps. And you're going to start to see a lot
of overlap in the earlier parts of the strings.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western