POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of money : Re: Lots of money Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lots of money
From: scott
Date: 19 Jun 2009 12:08:17
Message: <4a3bb7f1$1@news.povray.org>
> I've told you what I earn. I had no idea what anybody else earns...

I think last time you posted your salary everybody told you that sort of job
should be paid way more.

> (Let's face it, the customer never has any clue what they actually want,

Funny, the customers I have worked with know exactly what they want, usually
slighty more than they know any supplier can manage to encourage development
and push the technology forwards.

> and by the time you make it they'll have completely changed their mind
> anyway,

Yes that happens sometimes, you just have to live with it, it's part of the
job.  Hey customers even *cancel* projects after you've spent several months
working hard and you get nothing back for that work.

> and they'll simply never be happy no matter what you do.)

Of course not, if they were then another unhappy customer would come along
and force you to work harder and make a superior product :-)

> Personally, I prefer knowing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

Most managers would prefer an employee who can think for themselves rather
than needing to have everything explained to them like a baby.