POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of money : Re: Lots of money Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lots of money
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jun 2009 11:38:32
Message: <4a3bb0f8$1@news.povray.org>
>> I still think my point stands though: Even the most lowly position
>> listed is almost 2x my current salary.
>
> Everyone here knew that already, you've told us many times.

I've told you what I earn. I had no idea what anybody else earns...

>> Unfortunately, the tiny handful of programmer jobs I've found have all
>> been the "you are the entire development team" type.
>
> What's the problem with that, it sounds way more interesting than "sit
> here and program what I tell you to" for the rest of your life.
> Besides, you might find out that you actually really enjoy some other
> part of the job (eg design, testing, planning etc), and if you are just
> doing a single task you are easily replaceable (and hence not likely to
> earn as much).

You have a point of course, but I'd prefer a job that I can actually do
over a job where I make lots of money. Also, requirements gathering is
an unsolvable problem, so I want to avoid that to the maximum extent
possible. (Let's face it, the customer never has any clue what they
actually want, and by the time you make it they'll have completely
changed their mind anyway, and they'll simply never be happy no matter
what you do.) Personally, I prefer knowing exactly what I'm supposed to
be doing. It beats having to guess...