POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That time again [100 KB] : Re: That time again [100 KB] Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That time again [100 KB]
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jun 2009 11:34:28
Message: <4a3bb004$1@news.povray.org>
>> - I put all the technical terms in italics and coloured them blue.
>> Does that "work"? Or does it just look like regular emphasis?
>
> That works. Generally, I'd avoid straying from black-and-white for
> something like that, only because people might print it in black and
> white. Since you use italics for emphasis, perhaps boldfacing the first
> instance of a technical term would work well.

Yeah, bold is generally discouraged because it tends to stand out too
much in the middle of the page. (Hmm, and bright blue doesn't?) I've
also tried slanted on occasion, but it looks too similar to italics. Hmm.

Oh man... you haven't seen the document I'm writing right now! Terms in
blue, source code in red, source comments in green, type signatures in
royal blue, keywords in bold\ldots it's a friggin' technicolour rainbow!
I should probably stop that. ;-)

>> - Does section 3 add anything to the document? Should I make it
>> bigger? Should I take it out?
>
> Expanding section 3 to have three or four examples, but squashing each
> example into just one paragraph without explaining so much would work
> best, in my opinion. I.e., you'd want to say "this works for more than
> just parsers" without turning it into a whole nuther paper.

Hmm, yes... OK, I'll aim for that then.

>> - What the hell would a real abstract and conclusion actually look like?
>
> I answered that in another post. I was actually thinking about it during
> breakfast. It isn't just newbies whose minds your writing stretches,
> altho probably not in the way you had intended when you wrote it. :-)

Yeah, I saw that.

Which time zone do y-- oh, right.