POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suddenly I don't feel so bad... : Re: Suddenly I don't feel so bad... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suddenly I don't feel so bad...
From: scott
Date: 18 Jun 2009 21:44:45
Message: <4a3aed8d@news.povray.org>
> ... about those surveys that say Americans don't know where various
> countries are on a globe.

Funnily enough I overheard an American woman talking to a Finnish girl on a
plane from Amsterdam to Detroit this week.  The woman asked the girl why she
was on this plane, as wouldn't it be shorter to go "the other way round,
past Australia".  Later the girl said that the flight from Helsinki to
Amsterdam had been about 2 hours, and the woman didn't seem to understand,
it was as if she really thought Finland was near Japan or something.