POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question : Re: A question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question
From: Chris B
Date: 18 Jun 2009 09:56:48
Message: <4a3a47a0$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4a3a27155cdc3612e01952250@news.povray.org...
> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
>> As you've noted, there are already macros that generate parameterized
>> plant-like objects in the SDL itself (so no import required). Clipka
>> mentioned the Ivy macros,
>
> Well, as a matter of fact I was thinking about Thomas Luft's standalone
> "Ivy
> Generator" tool, which takes an .obj file to grow ivy around aribtrary
> geometry
> and then export the plant as another .obj.
>
> I wasn't aware there is such a thing as an SDL Ivy macro.

Ah. ok. I'd seen Ivy in images on p.b.i. back in March and assumed it was a
macro.

Well for other examples you may need to go back to circa 2000, when people
were using POV-Ray to create real-world photorealistic scenes from scratch,
for things like Trees.inc and Giles Trans' MakeTree macros, which did both
trees and shrubs. I think they're still available, though I've not tried
them on the latest version of POV-Ray.

Regards,
Chris B.