POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn... : Re: Damn... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn...
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jun 2009 22:51:23
Message: <4a39abab$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
> The taser was developed as an alternative to the use of deadly force.

Fair enough.

> I'm not an expert in police methods, but it seems like dogpile and
> pry his arms behind his back with nightsticks would have been
> the right thing to do.

Probably, if there were enough officers around. Dogpiles have hurt people
too. Someone is in a coma from being tackled and hitting his head, for
example. (Made the news because said someone wasn't actually the criminal
but someone the police mistook for the fleeing criminal when the victim
pointed at him or some such.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western