POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speeding tickets : Re: Speeding tickets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding tickets
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 17 Jun 2009 14:39:31
Message: <4a393863@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> I guess some countries use a sliding scale based on income to determine
> the cost of a speeding ticket.

Yes, we do.

> Otherwise, I'd hate to be speeding in say, Finland and wind up with a
> fine that cost more than I make in 2 years!

Heh :). For under 20km/h overspeed there's a fixed price (ok, it's
different for under 60km/h limit and over), somewhere around 100-200
euros. Over 20km/h there's income- and speed-based system, which
basically is pretty equal. Also 3 times over 20km/h in a year or 4 times
in 2 years you'll lose your driver's license for 1 month oslt.

-Aero