POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speeding tickets : Re: Speeding tickets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding tickets
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Jun 2009 14:18:24
Message: <4a393370$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:52:14 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   I suppose the idea of income-based fines is that the fine should be a
> real punishment.

I agree with this idea.  Giving Bill Gates a speeding ticket for $150 is
about the same as saying "it's OK for you to speed".  Of course, if
points are taken off his license for each offense and he loses his
license as a result, that's slightly better - but only until he gets
caught driving without a license.

Then again, I'm guessing he probably doesn't drive himself many places
these days.  That's what his staff is for.

Jim