POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn... : Re: Damn... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn...
From: Warp
Date: 17 Jun 2009 07:31:07
Message: <4a38d3fb@news.povray.org>
> He was shot the second time because the police wanted to handcuff him, told
> him to put his hands behind his back, and he continued to fight and kick.

  Unfortunately many police officers are taught *wrongly* that a taser is
non-lethal and harmless, and that it can be used more or less freely even
for the smallest sign of resistance. This regardless of the ample amount of
examples of people having been killed with a taser. In some cases the victim
wasn't even acting all that violently that it needed such a drastic measure,
as demonstrated by some actual video footage. It's just that the police
officers have been taught to freely use the tasers whenever they want.

  It's the same thing with pepper spray. That is also taught as a non-lethal,
harmless substance. However, pepper spray can damage eyes and cause all kinds
of other damage. I don't know if anyone has died as a consequence, but I
wouldn't be surprised.

--
                                                          - Warp