POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : isosurface and trace problem : Re: isosurface and trace problem Server Time
5 May 2024 21:37:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface and trace problem
From: Doctor John
Date: 17 Jun 2009 06:37:30
Message: <4a38c76a$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> You're placing the object into the scene then scaling, translating and
> rotating it.
> You then use the non-scaled, non-translated and non-rotated object in
> the trace command and position spheres on that.

So what you're saying is that trace is looking at the
#declare Terrain_Obj statement, rather than the object{ Terrain_Obj}
statement.
Thinking about that I suppose that's logical since I could have multiple
object{} statements and trace wouldn't know which one to act on.

> You should move the transformations out from where you add the object to
> the scene and  into the object declaration, then it should be ok (though
> I didn't run your code to check).
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

That suddenly occurred to me late last night, I'll try it when I get
home this evening.
Ah, debugging by talking about it :-)
Thanks for the help Chris

John