POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd FTW! : Re: xkcd FTW! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd FTW!
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Jun 2009 08:41:22
Message: <4a3792f2$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Try sitting in the same room, IM'ing ... :D

We did that at college. Some twat wrote a VB progarm called "intercom"
which uses a flat file on a network drive to communicate. (Yes, that's
pretty lame.)

I used the DOS "DEBUG" command to hex-edit the file and replace the true
author's name with my own. (It just happens to have *exactly* the same
number of characters.) I should point out that nobody except him had the
source code; we only had the object code.

Jesus, we were bored...