POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dear Everyone : Re: Dear Everyone Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dear Everyone
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 16 Jun 2009 04:52:35
Message: <4a375d53$1@news.povray.org>
> Puppet Pawns
I am neither a puppet, nor a pawn.

> I have been so stupid thinking that truth can effect change,
"Because you say so" doesn't make things true, and even if
you are right, being insulting doesn't convince people.

> so stupid to expect
> that senators and representatives would listen to the truth.
Yes, truth isn't something most people associate with politicians.

> Truth IS stranger than fiction;
> just the truth colored in such a way that is unrecognizable, or
> is just a writer taking a blind stab at a thread of truth with lots of
> story
> line. Truth reads like science fiction, stranger than anything a writer
> could
> conjure.
That's the common folk wisdom,
but sometimes the truth is just boring.

> Tonight this idiot radio doctor suggested a fluoride Resperitol
> (Resperidone) a
> fluoride atypical anti-psychotic to a caller (describing dreams since
> cessation
> of cannabis) for his "withdrawal symptoms". This brain dead menace to
> society
> would never dream of suggesting there might be another reason for the
> symptoms,
> such as AMA and government poisoning that requires this person to have
> real
> medicine for the un-reparable damage to his nervous system.
I'm unsure why you would think that fluoride turned someone into a stoner,
or why you would relate Resperitol to water fluoridation.

> All of these AMA puppets with very few exceptions are only concerned with
> how
> peers react to their actions, parroting everything they were programmed to
> think. Independent thought nearly impossible and the ship of original
> thought
> having sailed at the moment of their birth. They are dead in the heart and
> brain unconcerned for a Hippocratic oath and their patients.
I don't see any evidence for that, in general
people become doctors to help the sick.

> It is the same wherever you go. None of you want to appear different to
> the
> consensus and stand out in any way. Perhaps it comes down to an ultimate
> need,
> that of needing a sense of belonging. Without a sense of immortality from
> an
> experience of the their self in those nameless places beyond, *able* to
> come
> and go, people are sadly imprisoned and limited to this world.
Dare to be different, but now everyone is being different, that makes us
all the same.

> The ultimate of need:
> 1. To survive
> 2. To belong
> 3. A sense of creation and productivity
> 4. To love with the love that is born of being loved
> 5. A sense of meaning
> 6. Aesthetics, beauty, symmetry, asymmetry
> 7. Esoterics and spirituality.
I suppose you could look at it like that, or maybe more like Maslow.
(Survival, safety, love/belonging, esteem, self-actualization)

> Jesus doesn't belong here and neither do I. I'd *never* want a sense of
> belonging on this planet.  Jesus affected positive change for only a short
> time
> until man turned his words into religious programming that was for the
> benefit
> of anyone but the now gullible fluoridated listener.
That's a pretty big leap, I doubt there's any gullibility-fluoride link.
If there is any real fluoride related conspiracies, I'd hazard they're
more of the CYA variety.

> If these brain dead zombies want me dead, so be it. Why should I fight it?
> I'd
> be rid of everyone of them. That should be my only goal, since the gods
> have
> given up on this world as well. There is a difference between a quitter
> and
> recognizing futility. If I were a vengeful person as dreams suggest, I'd
> be
> thinking how cool it would be to watch these dorks get theirs in a few
> short
> years. Thankfully that is not the case and I'll love in a different place
> when
> such a time comes.
You know Catholics believe that people that commit suicide end up in hell.

> When it was suggested to take up a cause, I'd have preferred if they had
> been
> more honest and used an all-important adjective useless to describe any
> cause.
Someone told you to take up a cause? I'm sure they meant a worthy cause.

> To go out and enjoy was indeed a valid suggestion, and you have all taught
> me
> why that is so. Not that *you* could have ever explained to me the reason
> in
> this light. But if the larger portion of you could have taken a stand, it
> *could* have been so very different, an alternate reality would exist. I
> offer
> you my vomit in return for how ill and repulsed you all have made me in
> allowing profit and peer pressure to be more important than mankind
> itself. I
> thank you and take my leave without hope for mankind to your loss and
> blissful
> ignorance.
I'm not sure exactly what you think that POV users should have gone out of
their way to take a stand on. In particular, the whole anti-fluoridation,
pro-
marijuana, green thing has plenty of proponents, you are not alone in your
beliefs. Why do you think that "we" should have any stake in fringe
movements?

> With love,
> aQ

All the best, despite your insults.