POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning : Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jun 2009 18:43:28
Message: <4a36ce90$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 01:26:27 +0300, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> I can see where he's coming from, though.  I don't know that I'd want
>> to take a job in Manhattan - I love visiting Manhattan, but I don't
>> think I could work there day in and day out, much less live there.  The
>> crime rate is too high for my tastes, for one thing.
>
> I work at town and live at somewhere which can be described as
> countryside. For that I drive 75km to work and another 75km back to
> home, making 150km total/day (almost 100 miles, that is).
>
> And yes, it's worth of 2 hours extra per day to live somewhere I really
> like to live.

Myself, I work from home most often - when I do go to the office, it's
about a 90 mile round trip.  (I think we had this discussion before,
perhaps <g>).

But like you, there's no chance of me moving closer to the office, I like
he neighborhood I'm in.  But that said, if a better job came along and it
was in, say, MA, I wouldn't discount it as a possibility if (a) the pay
were good, (b) they'd pay relocation expenses, and (c) I could find a
neighborhood there that I liked to live in.  Oh, and most importantly (d)
my family was happy about the idea of moving to the area.  (d) would be a
deal killer regardless of the pay. :-)

Jim