POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic. : Re: Epic. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Jun 2009 14:06:05
Message: <4a353c0d$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:06:27 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> If you are not allergic to aspirin try some Nurofen it is a mixture of
>>> Ibuprofen, Paracetamol and aspirin. Rest then take some gentle
>>> exercise (light stretching) stop if it gets worse. If it is really bad
>>> go to the health centre nurse.
>>
>> Seconded.  Though from the amount of activity, it just sounds like
>> fatigue, and some rest should be all that's needed.
>
> I tend to avoid taking painkillers. I'd prefer to fix whatever the
> actual problem is instead.

Well, with the caveat that this isn't a medical diagnosis, stretching
(slow stretching) probably would help, but like I said it just sounds
like fatigue.  You probably used muscles you haven't used a lot and
they're not used to the workout.  I find when I'm going to the gym (and
when I do it tends to be 4-5 times a week) for the first few days I have
that kind of muscle soreness.

Just going out for a brisk walk might help - I find when my legs are sore
from working out, a good walk can stretch things out.

But I also will take something like a couple Advil before doing that -
the effect the painkiller has on dealing with the pain means I can get a
better stretch out of the walk (because I can go longer) and that helps
get the muscle back in shape.

> I wish I could find somewhere to practise my moves. But the largest
> space in my house is about 3 feet square; you can't take many steps in
> such a space. The back garden is an impenetrable jungle, so that's no
> good either. And I don't particularly want to be watched.

Ever work late?  If you do, grab a conference room (if there aren't any
windows and you can close the door, so much the better if you don't want
to be seen).  :-)

> I'm pretty sure the new Rock & Roll classes I'm taking will make me lose
> a few pounds - if only in water content! o_O

There is that as a benefit as well.  The activity is good for you, and
it's good to see that you're keeping it up. :-)

Jim