POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Real Americans V. The Plague : Re: Real Americans V. The Plague Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Americans V. The Plague
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 12 Jun 2009 09:14:27
Message: <4a3254b3$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:

> I have enough fluoride in my tooth paste thank you very much, I suppose you
> swallow your tooth paste as well!

Bad idea to swallow. Large amounts are toxic. The tiny amount in tap
water is safe. The good thing is it isn't a cumulative toxin like, say,
mercury or lead which means the small amounts are excreted, ... Hey..
maybe you're confused and talking about lead leached into drinking water
from lead pipes! That *is* a legitimate problem.

Besides, dentists have seen an upswing in cavities since people have
been drinking more bottled water, which doesn't contain the fluoridation
that tap water does.

BTW, I drink bottled water, mainly because the tap water here in the
summer tastes terrible.
--
~Mike