POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning : Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jun 2009 17:48:34
Message: <4a317bb2$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Um, dude... it's the Lambda calculus! Inefficiency is built-in.

All the more reason to need to understand the efficient way to evaluate it.

>> I barely remember how a prolog interpreter works, let alone how to
>> code one. I think I did a unification engine back in college for a
>> class assignment, tho.
>
> Heh. This coming from the guy who was telling *me* how unification
> works. :-P

That's the point, tho. I vaguely remember how it works, well enough to know
why I care or would want it. If you asked me to *do* it correctly, I'd have
to look up how.

>> So there you go. Mandelbrot and Turtle fractals are about the only
>> thing on your list I could do off the top of my head without sitting
>> down for a day or more to learn what I need to know. I don't think
>> there's anything on your list I *couldn't* do. You just wouldn't want
>> to pay me to learn it first, given folks like you are looking for
>> jobs. :-)
>
> Hmm... interesting perspective.

Of course there are things I'm already good at. Just not the stuff you're
talking about. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western