POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things that make you go hmm... : Re: Things that make you go hmm... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things that make you go hmm...
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jun 2009 11:47:51
Message: <4a312727$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Last time I checked, nobody pays money for
> finding out how the universe works.

All that money they used to build the thing? They spent it on people
working, rather than welfare.

And yes, what do you think the Hubble is all about, if not figuring out how
the universe works?

> Really? I assumed it was just a question of running different designs
> through the simulator and seeing which ones have the best properties.

How do you know what the simulation is supposed to do?  You want to simulate
(say) a rocket launch? How are you going to do that if you don't know the
formulae for a rocket launch?

> Are you seriously suggesting that there are problems that are unsolved?

Yes?  Lots, even?  Even lots that have been unsolved for a long time?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western