POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hypothesis #3 : Re: Hypothesis #3 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypothesis #3
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 11 Jun 2009 08:29:14
Message: <4a30f89a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible a écrit :
> Most people seem to think that youngsters are inherantly full of energy,
> and that being tired and lathargic is in inevitable consequence of
> growing up. My hypothesis is that this lack of energy is not in fact due
> to age, but to being constantly forced to stand still, sit still, wait
> around, etc.

I don't know, it seems pets follow the same pattern of behaviour, very
lively and foolish at the beginning, then settling down gradually. It's
not that they cannot move around and play anymore, just that they do it
less often. I don't think it's just us imposing that on them, for
example cats do that yet they take little heed of our orders ;-) I
wouldn't be surprised if wild animals did that too.

I think there are other things that might explain the activity of
youngsters. For one thing, they are growing physically, so maybe the
body needs this movement to form properly. The brain is also developing
at this age, and possibly it needs as many stimuli as possible...

--
Vincent