POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning : Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Jun 2009 17:14:13
Message: <4a302225$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...until I discovered that everybody else has already done it, and it's
>> considered a trivial college student exercise.
>
> Well, I was a college student in Computer Science, and it's not something
> I could work out on my own.  So don't worry about the second part, the
> first part is the important part - you worked it out *on your own*, which
> is more than the college students doing the exercise do, because it's
> part of an assignment for them.

Well, I guess.

On the other hand, anybody with a real education would already know how
to do algebra and solve equations. It's only me who's had to guess that
stuff from what I can scrounge off the Internet and invent off the top
of my head.

>>> And for people like that, being paid to do what they find interesting
>>> is a good incentive to finish a project that's been started.
>> I agree.
>
> And there's your incentive to look for something more "in your field". :-)

Hey, I think the entire freakin' server is unanimous in this agreement
that I need another job. You won't find me arguing! The question is, can
I actually get one? Am I good enough?

>>> Good. :-)
>> The form is sent.
>
> Excellent!

I'm a little... concerned that I didn't get one of those "thank you for
your application" type emails when I sent the form in. It asks for an
email address, and typically they do that kind of them.

Oh... oh God. Did I type my address wrong?!? o_O

Also not amusing: Sending my details over an unencrypted link? What, you
couldn't afford HTTPS??

>> Anyway, I don't have any "working" code to hand right this exact second,
>> and the application has been sent in now, so...
>
> So it's something to bring up in the interview.

We shall see.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/