POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So ... when is "piracy" wrong? : Re: So ... when is "piracy" wrong? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So ... when is "piracy" wrong?
From: somebody
Date: 10 Jun 2009 16:14:22
Message: <4a30141e$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:4A2### [at] hotmailcom...
> On 9-6-2009 22:49, Shay wrote:

> >   C. Cable f's up during a favorite television program - go find a
> > torrent and download it.

> Morally equivalent to B from your point of view.

I'm not sure. Maybe if you believe in cosmic justice or somesort. Why does a
failure some place give a moral free pass to make up for it?

What about:

C2. Power company f's up during a favorite television program - go find a
torrent and download it.

or

C3. Some punks make the building's fire alarm go off during a favorite
television program - go find a torrent and download it.

or

C4. A spill on the freeway blocks traffic for hours, making you miss your
favorite television program - go find a torrent and download it.

or

C5. Recession causes you to be laid off and you cannot afford cable
anymore - go find a torrent and download it.

... etc.

The bottomline is, one can for the majority of time find somebody or
something else to blame for everything, if so inclined.