POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning : Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Jun 2009 16:05:13
Message: <4a3011f9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Uh, guys...?
>>
>> What *is* the largest project I've completed to date? :-/
>
> Not knowing every project you've ever done ever, it's hard to say.  Maybe
> some of the auditing preparation you've done?

Well, I can give you a list as long as your arm containing items like

- Built a recursive Turtle-style fractal plotter.
- Built a Lambda calculus interpretter.
- Built a mini-Mathematica engine.
- Built a modular software sound synthesizer.
- Built a collection of data compression modules.
- Built a Mandelbrot generator with multiple colouring options.
- Built a mini-Prolog interpretter.
- Built a simple ray tracer.

...should I continue?

Every single one of these has been a small one-man project totalling
less than 1,000 lines of code, I would estimate.

Alternatively, I could say something about stuff I did at work.
"Prepairing for audits" generally just consists of checking I've signed
everything I'm supposed to sign, and hoping that the auditors don't find
any problems. I could perhaps mention the Disaster Recovery Plan I wrote
completely from scratch (and which client and government auditors love,
by the way). But not massively relevant to this specific application.
(Or maybe it is? Maybe I'll end up writing technical documentation for
these guys? Who knows...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/